Students have a variety of facilities available to them throughout their time here at the King’s Inns with pleasant lecture theatres and small classrooms equipped with TV screens and cameras, online resource area known as Moodle*, a library which houses over 100,000 books with an online catalogue, excellent computer connections to relevant databases and the web. Wireless facilities are provided for students’ laptops and mobile devices.
Storage lockers are available in both the Main Building and Library building. Please content reception in the Library Building for details.
Within the Main Building, downstairs there is The Gandon area which has a small café serving espresso based beverages, selection of teas, cold beverages, snacks along with soup, sandwiches and salads of the day. Please check notice board in The Gandon area and/or your King’s Inns emails for opening times. Also. there is a self–service Nespresso coffee machine located beside the coffee shop.
*Moodle is a Virtual Learning Environment (VLE), accessible from anywhere at: online.kingsinns.ie
It is a one–stop–shop for:
- Downloading course notes and materials
- Accessing online legal resources e.g. Westlaw and Lexis Nexis
- Accessing your King’s Inns Webmail
- Browsing the library catalogue
- Booking your dining dates
- Running your assignments through the Turnitin Originality Checker (Diploma in Legal Studies students only)
- Printing documents from your laptop
Computers and printing services are both available in the Library Building and Main Building downstairs along with docking stations for your laptop. All areas are WIFI enabled.