Job Opportunity: Senior Privacy Advisor at Tusla
Tusla, the Child and Family Agency, is hiring a Senior Privacy Advisor – General Manager.
Deadline for applications is 12 pm on Monday, 14 December 2020.
The Child and Family Agency was established on 1st January 2014 and is responsible for improving wellbeing and outcomes for children. It represents the most comprehensive reform of services for the development, welfare and protection of children and the support of families ever undertaken in Ireland. It is an ambitious move which brings together some 4,000 staff who were previously employed within Children and Family Services of the Health Service Executive, the National Educational Welfare Board and the Family Support Agency.
The Child and Family Agency has responsibility for the following range of services:
- Child Welfare and Protection Services, including family support services
- Family Resource Centres and associated national programmes
- Early years (pre–school) Inspection Services
- Educational Welfare responsibilities including School completion programmes and Home School Liaison
- Domestic, sexual and gender based violence services
- Services related to the psychological welfare of children
- Adoption & Alternative Care
Further information is available on tusla.ie.
The practical application of Data Protection and Privacy Law and compliance requirements to Tusla’s statutory remit.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide expert guidance with regard to the practical application of Data Protection and Privacy Law, including, but not limited to, the GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018 in the context of the legislative environment within which Tusla operates i.e. Public, Administrative [including Child Protection] and Constitutional Law.
- Monitor and respond to industry and regulatory developments in Data Protection Law and Privacy Law.
- Monitor changes in applicable Data Protection and Privacy Law and keep the Data Protection Unit and the Agency advised and up to date on legislative developments.
- Support the design and provision of data protection training and awareness programs across the Agency.
- Support the drafting of internal and external data protection and privacy policies and their implementation.
- Provide expert guidance on data transfers [national and international] and draft necessary agreements.
- Respond to data protection and privacy related queries from a wide range of multi–disciplinary stakeholders across Tusla and provide guidance that is capable of practical application to support the Agency’s statutory remit and service delivery model.
- Draft and negotiate data protection related provisions of data sharing, commercial and technology contracts, including vendor/service provider agreements, data sharing, data transfer and other data protection agreements.
- Manage the scheme of delegations in Tusla.
Applicants must by the closing date of application have the following:
- Enrolled as a solicitor or a barrister in the State for at least 2 years.
- Recognised qualification in GDPR and Data Protection Law.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in data protection regulation and compliance.
- Experience in a legal advisory role, communicating legal guidance that is capable of practical application to internal and external stakeholders in a legislative environment similar to that within which Tusla operates.
- Experience in a legal advisory role, encompassing the management of a wide range of substantial data protection and data privacy matters involving complex issues in a medium to large organisation.
Full job description and application details can be found on the Tusla website here.