Be a Law Student at King’s Inns for a Day
Interactive Seminars for Prospective Students on the Diploma in Legal Studies
The Diploma in Legal Studies is a two–year law course leading to a qualification in law. The course attracts those who want a law qualification to:
- be eligible to sit the ENTRANCE EXAMINATION for the degree of BARRISTER–AT–LAW;
- progress to further study of law by doing taught or research masters or PhDs;
- enhance their current career; OR
- open new career opportunities for them.
Find more information about the Diploma in Legal Studies HERE.
Would you like to know what it is like to be a student on the Diploma in Legal Studies? From noon till 3 pm on Saturday, February 27, 2021, King’s Inns will offer prospective students a chance to experience life as a Diploma student by taking part in classes like those on the course. This event will take place online via Zoom.
What to Expect
- Talk about the Diploma in Legal Studies;
- Tutorial about sources of law, the right to a fair trial, and freedom of expression;
- Tutorial about sexual offences and equality before the law;
- Classes will be delivered online by current staff members and will be interactive;
- During classes, prospective students will learn about the topics by interacting with the tutor and one another to solve problem questions.
This event is suitable for prospective students who:
- Hold a third–level degree in a subject other than Law; OR
- Are currently studying for a third–level degree in a subject other than Law; OR
- Do not hold any third–level qualification but will be aged at least 23 years on May 1, 2021.
This event is not suitable for persons of school age.
Places are strictly limited. Register now to avoid disappointment.
“I spent a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon at the interactive–seminar event. We were given an insightful glimpse into the Diploma in Legal Studies course and King’s Inns in general. In addition to a detailed presentation about the course itself, we took part in very realistic classes where we worked together in small groups of four or five.
The classes were hugely interesting and great fun also. Now that I am studying at King’s Inns, I can happily report that this event was an accurate representation of what the Diploma course is like.
I couldn’t recommend it highly enough!”
STEPHEN DORE (DIPLOMA–II STUDENT)
To register, please fill in the form below with your name, email address, and whether you are in category 1, 2, or 3 above.
A member of the education team will be in touch with you 1–3 days after you register.