Job Opportunity: The Court of Justice of the European Union is seeking to recruit English–language legal translators
The Court of Justice of the European Union regularly seeks to recruit English–language legal translators to assist with the increasing workload of its English–language Translation Unit in Luxembourg.
The work of the unit consists in the translation into English of the Court’s judgments and the Opinions of the Advocates General for publication in the European Court Reports, and of requests from national courts for preliminary rulings and other documents required for procedural purposes.
To be eligible to perform these demanding duties, applicants must satisfy, in addition to the general conditions common to all the institutions, the following minimum requirements:
- Have successfully completed a suitable course in law (i.e. hold a degree in law or its equivalent awarded in the United Kingdom or Ireland) or have qualified as a barrister, advocate or solicitor in the United Kingdom or Ireland
- Have a perfect command of English
- Have a thorough knowledge of French
- Have a satisfactory knowledge of a third official language of the European Union
- Have an interest in legal translation
Knowledge of other official languages of the European Union and relevant professional experience would be an advantage.
To apply for this job and for more information, visit the CJEU Website.