Job Opportunity: The European Central Bank is looking to hire a Lawyer–Linguist with Irish as their main language
In your role as Lawyer–Linguist with Irish as your main language, you will be primarily responsible for translating the European Central Bank’s (ECB) legal acts and other legal texts from English into Irish and for revising translations of such texts provided by external suppliers. The legal acts and texts relate to both central banking and banking supervision. You will work closely with other lawyer–linguists and legal counsels in the Directorate General Legal Services, as well as staff in a variety of other ECB business areas.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday, 12 May 2021
As a Lawyer–Linguist with Irish as your main language you will:
- translate draft ECB legal acts and other legal texts from English into Irish;
- revise Irish translations of ECB legal acts and other legal texts;
- translate legal texts from Irish into English for internal working purposes, and revise Irish to English translations of national laws, documents related to court proceedings and other legal texts;
- contribute to drafting ECB legal acts;
- liaise with counterparts within the ECB, the Central Bank of Ireland and other relevant EU and national institutions;
- engage in the Legislation Division’s projects related to the development of the ECB lawyer–linguist function, knowledge management, the use of technology, etc.
The position offers you excellent opportunities to contribute to the quality of ECB legal acts. You will be part of a multicultural team that strives for continuous innovation to make a positive impact on the lives of European citizens.
Further details can be found on the European Central Bank website.