Job Opportunity: King’s Inns is hiring a Lecturer in Company Law (Maternity Cover) for its Diploma in Legal Studies
Date first published: Thursday, June 30, 2022
King’s Inns invites applications from qualified barristers for a fixed–term appointment as Lecturer in Company Law (Maternity Cover) on its Diploma in Legal Studies course. The successful applicant will assume the role in August 2022, and it is envisaged that the term will expire in September 2023.
The successful applicant’s immediate priority will be to become familiar with the Company Law materials.
King’s Inns may appoint unsuccessful applicants shortlisted for interview to the Diploma’s Tutor Panel.
A broader explanation of the key responsibilities can be viewed in the below document titled “Information for Applicants”.
About King’s Inns
King’s Inns is an independent educational institution, renowned for professional legal education and training. As well as educating future and qualified barristers, the School of Law at King’s Inns extends its reach to a diverse community of people from non–legal backgrounds offering accessible part–time courses in specialist areas of the law.
King’s Inns is proud of its culture of educational innovation in terms of the range of courses on offer, course design, delivery methodology, our diverse teaching panel of industry practitioners, and the use of eLearning software to allow students to participate in courses from a distance.
In all it does, King’s Inns aims to be effective, dynamic, and modern in practice, while cherishing and integrating many of the traditions from the time of its establishment in the 16th century.
How to apply
- The completed application form must be emailed to email@example.com. King’s Inns doesn’t accept applications in any other format.
- The deadline for receipt of applications is extended to 5 pm (Irish time) on Monday, August 8, 2022.
- Any queries on the role or application process can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- King’s Inns doesn’t accept late applications. The time at which King’s Inns receives the email is definitive.
- The application form is devised to enable the short–listing process and relates to the criteria set out in the role description. Failure to provide sufficient information/detail in the form could result in your application not being short–listed. It is, therefore, in the applicant’s interest to complete the necessary application form clearly. All sections of the form must be completed.
- Canvassing will disqualify.
- King’s Inns is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Procedure following application
- Following the application deadline, King’s Inns will shortlist applicants for interview.
- Interviews of shortlisted candidates will be in–person in King’s Inns during the week beginning Monday, August 15, 2022.
- King’s Inns will inform shortlisted candidates of their interview time no later than Thursday, August 11, 2022.
- The successful applicants will be required to attend training.