Job Opportunity: Senior Academic Administrator to work in the Office of the Dean at King’s Inns
Date first published: Friday, June 10, 2022
King’s Inns invites applications for the role of Senior Academic Administrator to work in with our Dean, Dr Eimear Brown. This position is a new and exciting opportunity as King’s Inns is currently expanding its education portfolio.
The Office of the Dean has overall responsibility for the School of Law. This includes course delivery, course development, and academic matters related to courses, staff and students. The student body is diverse and mostly comprised of mature students with busy workloads and other commitments outside the School.
King’s Inns is an independent educational institution, renowned for professional legal education and training. As well as educating future and qualified barristers, the School extends its reach to a wider community of people from non–legal backgrounds offering a wide range of accessible part–time and online courses in specialist areas of the law. King’s Inns is proud of its culture of educational innovation in terms of the range of courses on offer, course design and delivery methodology, our diverse teaching panel of industry practitioners and in the use of e–learning software to allow students to participate in courses from a distance.
Some information about the role
- Job title: Senior Academic Administrator, Office of the Dean
- Salary: DOE
- Contract: 3 years
- Hours: Full time (37.5 hours per week) – This role will require flexible hours with some early morning, evening, and weekend work, particularly during academic terms.
- Reporting to: Dean
- Location: Henrietta Street, Dublin 1, DOI KF59.
The Senior Academic Administrator will hold responsibility for the day to day office operations/management of the Office of the Dean. They will ensure that the activities of the Office of the Dean runs smoothly. They will have strong logistical skills and will demonstrate good forward planning in order to ensure that our wide range of courses are delivered to a high standard. The role will assist the Dean and Faculty in delivering the education portfolio and upholding standards and procedures that ensure the effective running of the Dean’s Office. The postholder will be responsible for the efficient management of the administrative functions to support the academic course calendar. The postholder will work with the Dean and teaching staff to ensure that student schedules, materials and queries are administered in an efficient professional way. They will interact and engage with subject matter experts including lawyers, judges and other professionals.
This is a busy and varied role which requires the postholder to communicate persuasively and tactfully, to instil confidence in the academic reputation and profile of King’s Inns. The postholder must be able to work to tight deadlines on their own initiative and to learn new systems and procedures rapidly.
A broader explanation of the key responsibilities can be viewed in the below document titled “Information for Applicants”.
How to apply
- Submit a cover letter setting out how you meet the requirements along with your CV to email@example.com by 1 pm (Irish time) on Monday, July 4, 2022.
- Any queries on the role or application process can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Interviews will take place the weeks of July 11 and 18. Shortlisted candidates will be informed of their interview time in advance of the first interview.
- King’s Inns is an Equal Opportunities Employer.