Public Conference on Human Rights in a Changing World
On Friday, October 21, Chief Justice Donal O’Donnell is hosting a public conference on Human Rights in a Changing World: Perspectives from Ireland and Strasbourg.
About this event
This conference is taking place to mark the visit of the President and members of The European Court of Human Rights (ECtHR) to Dublin for a judicial programme during Ireland’s Presidency of the Council of Europe Committee of Ministers.
The event will examine and discuss human rights from the perspective of the Irish courts and the ECtHR.
Date: Friday, October 21, 2022
Time: 9 am to 1 pm
Location: Seamus Heaney Lecture Theatre, Dublin College University
Speakers will include:
- Mr Justice Donal O’Donnell, Chief Justice of Ireland
- Professor Daire Keogh, President of DCU (chair)
- Judge Robert Spano, President of the ECtHR
- Ms Justice Iseult O’Malley, Irish Supreme Court judge
- Judge Síofra O’Leary, Vice–President of the ECtHR
- Professor Colm O’Cinneide, Professor of Constitutional Rights/Human Rights at UCL
All welcome to this public conference: Tickets will be available on a strictly first come, first served basis. Only those with a genuine interest, availability and intent to attend *in person* are invited to register at this time.