Education: 03 February 2022
Be a Law Student at King’s Inns for a Day
Interactive Seminars for Prospective Students on the Diploma in Legal Studies
The Diploma in Legal Studies is a two–year law course leading to a qualification in law. The course attracts those who want a law qualification to:
- be eligible to sit the ENTRANCE EXAMINATION for the degree of BARRISTER–AT–LAW;
- progress to further study of law by doing taught or research masters or PhDs;
- enhance their current career; OR
- open new career opportunities for them.
Find more information about the Diploma in Legal Studies HERE.
About the Interactive Seminar
Would you like to know what it is like to be a student on the Diploma in Legal Studies? From 11 am to 2 pm on Saturday, March 26, 2022, King’s Inns will offer prospective students a chance to experience life as a Diploma student by taking part in classes like those on the course.
This event is free and will take place online on Zoom.
What to Expect
- Talk about the Diploma in Legal Studies;
- Tutorial about sources of law, the right to a fair trial, and freedom of expression;
- Tutorial about sexual offences and equality before the law;
- Classes will be delivered online by current staff members and will be interactive;
- During classes, prospective students will learn about the topics by interacting with the tutor and one another to solve problem questions.
This event is suitable for prospective students who:
- Hold a third–level degree in a subject other than Law; OR
- Are currently studying for a third–level degree in a subject other than Law; OR
- Do not hold any third–level qualification but will be aged at least 22 years on May 1, 2022.
This event is not suitable for persons of school age.
Places are strictly limited. Register now to avoid disappointment.
“The “Be a Law Student at King’s Inns for a Day” Open Day gives a great introduction to those considering the Diploma in Legal Studies. I always wanted to do law, but with a focus on the practical side of the legal profession and an academic standpoint.
The Open Day involves participating with the lecturers on actual tutorial exercises. For me, attending the Open Day convinced me to apply for the course, which I am delighted to be attending.”
2021–2022 Diploma–II Student
Registration will close at 12 pm on Friday, 25 March 2022.