Job Opportunity: Courts Service of Ireland – Legal Research Manager (Assistant Principal Officer)
The Courts Service is offering an excellent opportunity at a senior management level as Legal Research Manager in Smithfield, Dublin 7.
The purpose of this role is to work as part of a team to lead and manage the provision of legal research and court support duties to judges of the Supreme Court, Court of Appeal, High Court, Circuit Court and District Court.
Each candidate must on or before 16th April 2019:
- hold a Law Degree (Level 8 in the National Framework of Qualifications) with at least 2.1 honours and a recognised relevant professional qualification, for example, a qualified Solicitor or Barrister.
- demonstrate in–depth and up to date knowledge of Irish law and the Irish legal system, including contemporary statute and case law;
- demonstrate excellent research skills and have experience of undertaking research and leading research projects and services;
- demonstrate strong written and oral communication skills; and
- possess high level ICT skills required for research purposes and be familiar with the use of commercial and open access on–line electronic law sources.
Closing date for applications is Tuesday 16th April 2019 at 16:00.