Throughout the academic year, King’s Inns hosts a number of information seminars and open day events to give prospective students a chance to find out more about our courses and student life at King’s Inns.
These events take place during the evening and/or weekends to accommodate people in full–time employment and people who have to travel from outside of Dublin.
Did you know
- Not only do future practising barristers study at King’s Inns; our student population across all our courses is diverse attracting people from a range of professions working and/or living across Ireland;
- All our courses are delivered by subject matter expects and are leaders in their careers across law, politics, HR, communications, policy, and education;
- Many of our courses attract people with a non–legal background – please check each course for entry requirements;
- Most of our courses are run part–time and take place early morning, evening or weekends;
- Many of our professional development (Advanced Diploma) courses are available via blended / online distance learning, allowing students to study remotely in their own time.
- King’s Inns is located in Central Dublin with onsite parking and quick access to major public transport links in and outside of Dublin.
Open Day and Evening 2020 (All Courses)
- Diploma in Legal Studies – view course details here.
- Barrister–at–Law Degree – view course details here,
- Advanced Diplomas – view all professional development courses here.
The next general information seminar will take place on:
Thursday 2 April 6pm to 8pm. Due to Covid–19, this open day event is postponed and a new date will be released in due course. For now, please register your interest below and we will notify you via email once a new date is published.
These Open Day events will take place in the Dining Hall building on Constitution Hill. Doors will open 30 minutes in advance of start.
What to expect
- Learn more about the School through presentations on our courses, the application process, student life, and career options;
- Chat to King’s Inns faculty, lecturers and students;
- Hear from graduates on how an education at King’s Inns has helped them in their professions;
- Learn how many of our part–time Advanced Diploma courses are available to study via blended / online distance learning;
- See our teaching facilities.
Find your way to King’s Inns here. Free car park available right in front of the Dining Hall via the Constitution Hill gates.
Be a Law Student for a Day (Diploma in Legal Studies)
Would you like to know what it’s like to be a student on the Diploma in Legal Studies? On Saturday 8 February 2020 from noon to 3pm, King’s Inns offered prospective students an exclusive chance to experience life as a Diploma student by taking part in classes like those on the course.
What to expect
- Talk about the Diploma in Legal Studies;
- Tutorial about sources of law, the right to a fair trial, and freedom of expression;
- Tutorial about sexual offences and equality before the law;
- Classes will be delivered by current staff members and will be interactive;
- During classes, prospective students will learn about the topics by interacting with the tutor and one another to solve problem questions.
Videos of Previous Open Days
Open day videos are available to watch on our YouTube channel here.