Webinar: The Importance of Mediation
On Friday 21 May, from 10 am to 1 pm, King’s Inns is organising a webinar on ‘The Importance of Mediation’. This event is designed for both lawyers and non–lawyers.
Alternative dispute resolution mechanisms have never been of greater importance than they are at present. In particular, mediation and access to qualified mediators are becoming a key feature of the Irish legal system, in part thanks to the coming into force of the Mediation Act, 2017.
This webinar will introduce the new Advanced Diploma in Mediation, which we hope to launch this summer – subject to public health restrictions.
Further details on the new mediation course can be found here.
- The importance of mediation as a tool of dispute resolution in Ireland
- Recent developments in mediation in Ireland
- The use of mediation as a tool covering different types of dispute
Please note, we will keep the event listing here updated as we finalise the webinar schedule.
Speakers include members of the junior and senior bar with extensive experience of mediation, including:
- Hugh I. Mohan SC, Chair of Council, The Honorable Society of King’s Inns
- Maura McNally SC, Chair of Council, The Bar of Ireland
- Cathrina Keville BL, Course developer for the new Advanced Diploma in Mediation
- Teresa Blake SC, Course developer for the new Advanced Diploma in Mediation
- Mark Connaughton SC
- Oonah McCrann SC
- Turlough O’Donnell SC
- Marguerite Bolger SC
- Sara Phelan SC
- Cathy Smith BL
- Roderick Maguire BL
- This webinar will take place over Zoom. The webinar will take place live and will not be recorded for viewing at a later date.
- Attendees will be sent a Zoom webinar link the day before the event takes place.
Cost and Booking Details
- €85.00 per attendee
Booking is open to students and members of King’s Inns as well as members of the public.
Register early to secure your spot. Limited spaces are available.
If you have any questions, please contact MEMBERS@KINGSINNS.IE.