Page last updated: Friday, November 10, 2023
Cumann Díospóireachta Mhic Léinn Dlí na hÉireann
The Law Students’ Debating Society of Ireland (LSDSI) is a student–run body originally formed as a debating society in 1830. Over the years, it has evolved and now represents all facets of student life at King’s Inns.
The LSDSI benefits from considerable support and direction from the Society.
President: The Hon. Justice Donal O’Donnell, Chief Justice of Ireland
Vice–President: Charles Lysaght BL, Ex–Auditor
At the beginning of each academic year, the Bachelor–at–Law and Diploma students elects an Auditor who assembles a committee with specific positions designated to oversee fundraising for the LSDSI social activities and sport events.
The Auditor, as well as convening committee meetings, hosts an Inaugural Address each year that is often chaired by a judge of the Superior Courts.
Committee 2023 – 2024
- Auditor: Norah O’Brien – Degree of Barrister–at–Law, Modular 2
- Secretary: Síofra Collins – Degree of Barrister–at–Law, Full–Time (2023)
- Events Officer: Selina Switzer – Degree of Barrister–at–Law, Modular 1 (2023)
- Sports Officer: Gisèle Scanlon – Diploma in Legal Studies, Year 1 (2023)
- Fundraising Officer: Darragh Reid – Degree of Barrister–at–Law, Modular 2 (2023)