The Law Students’ Debating Society of Ireland
Page last updated: Monday, March 6, 2023
Cumann Díospóireachta Mhic Léinn Dlí na hÉireann
The Law Students’ Debating Society of Ireland (LSDSI) is a student–run body originally formed as a debating society in 1830. Over the years, it has evolved and now represents all facets of student life at King’s Inns.
The LSDSI benefits from considerable support and direction from King’s Inns.
President: The Hon. Justice Donal O’Donnell, Chief Justice of Ireland
Vice–President: Charles Lysaght BL, Ex–Auditor
Each year the student body elects an Auditor who assembles a committee with specific positions designated to oversee mooting, social activities, education and sports.
The Auditor, as well as convening committee meetings, hosts an Inaugural Address each year that is normally chaired by a judge of the Irish Courts.
Committee 2022 – 2023
- Auditor: Paula Cassidy – Degree of Barrister–at–Law, Modular 2
- Secretary: Síofra Collins – Degree of Barrister–at–Law, Full–Time
- Events Officer: Selina Switzer – Degree of Barrister–at–Law, Modular 1
- Sports Officer: Gisèle Scanlon – Diploma in Legal Studies, Year 1
- Fundraising Officer: Darragh Reid – Degree of Barrister–at–Law, Modular 2