Be a Law Student at King’s Inns for a Day
Interactive Seminars for Prospective Students on The Diploma in Legal Studies
The Diploma in Legal Studies is a two–year law course leading to a qualification in law. The course attracts those who want a law qualification to:
- be eligible to sit the Entrance Examination for the Barrister–at–Law Degree;
- progress to further study of law by doing taught or research masters or PhDs;
- enhance their current career; OR
- open new career opportunities for them.
For further information about the Diploma in Legal Studies, click here.
Would you like to know what it’s like to be a student on the Diploma in Legal Studies? From noon till 3 p.m. on Saturday, February 8, 2020, King’s Inns will offer prospective students an exclusive chance to experience life as a Diploma student by taking part in classes like those on the course.
What to Expect
- Talk about the Diploma in Legal Studies;
- Tutorial about sources of law, the right to a fair trial, and freedom of expression;
- Tutorial about sexual offences and equality before the law;
- Classes will be delivered by current staff members and will be interactive.
This event is suitable for prospective students who:
- Hold a third–level degree in a subject other than Law; OR
- Are currently studying for a third–level degree in a subject other than Law; OR
- Do not hold any third–level qualification but will be aged at least 23 years on May 1, 2020.
Unfortunately, this event is not suitable for persons of school age.
Places are strictly limited. Register now to avoid disappointment.
“I spent a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon at the interactive–seminar event. We were given an insightful glimpse into the Diploma in Legal Studies course and the King’s Inns in general. In addition to a detailed presentation about the course itself, we took part in very realistic classes where we worked together in small groups of four or five.
The classes were hugely interesting and great fun also. Now that I am studying at the King’s Inns, I can happily report that this event was an accurate representation of what the Diploma course is like.
I couldn’t recommend it highly enough!”
STEPHEN DORE (Diploma–I student)
To register, please fill in the form below with your name, email address, and whether you are in category 1, 2, or 3 above.