King’s Inns Response to Covid–19
This page was last reviewed and updated on Monday 25 May 2020.
King’s Inns is closely monitoring and following official advice from the HSE in order to protect our staff, students and members during the current COVID–19 outbreak.
King’s Inns campus closed on Thursday 12 March at 6pm and remains shut until further notice.
What this means for King’s Inns
Students, members and visitors
- All attendance on campus is suspended until further notice.
- Our faculty team has taken measures to ensure there will be minimal disruption to operations and services during this time.
- As King’s Inns were making our teaching resources more accessible to students remotely over the last few years, we are fully mobilised to deliver our lectures and support services online with little or no disruption.
- Staff are working from home and will deal with queries via email; please note that the phone lines are not manned at present and you should not leave voicemails.
- Our premises are closed in accordance to public health guidelines.
- All student, member and public events are postponed until further notice.
- Many of our lectures will continue to take place and will be streamed online using digital software that is in place for most of our part–time courses. Please check your King’s Inns email for further information.
- We understand it is a stressful time for everyone and we are fully flexible to meet your needs at this time. Please take care and follow HSE guidelines.
- Degree course assessments will be rescheduled to dates not before May 2020. Students are asked to check their King’s Inns email for details.
- We will contact students on the Diploma in Legal Studies course regarding the end of year examination arrangements. Students are asked to check their King’s Inns email for details.
- Submission deadlines remain in place for all Diploma, Degree and Advanced Diploma student assessments already issued unless students have been notified otherwise.
- Students, we will be in contact with you on an ongoing basis via your King’s Inns email account, so please continue to check that account daily so that you do not miss any important information.
- If you have any questions or need help with your studies at this time, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To adapt to Covid–19 circumstances, the online application process for the Diploma in Legal Studies and the Barrister–at–Law Entrance Examination has been updated so that all supporting documents as well as the application can be submitted online.
- All courses are scheduled to run from September/October 2020 online and in person depending on the safety of the Covid–19 outbreak and advise from the HSE. We are preparing to deliver our courses fully online until 2021.
- Online applications for the Advanced Diploma courses will open end of May 2020. Check individual course pages for further information.
- If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Easter dining is cancelled and all benchings are postponed until the next academic term.
- The Reunion Dinner on Friday 19 June 2020 is postponed. As soon as the current situation is resolved, an alternative date will be arranged.
- For further information, check out our new member community pages here.
- If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The King’s Inns Library remains closed to students and members until further notice.
- The Library will continue to provide an online service via email and Moodle during office hours from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
- Library staff are working from home and will deal with queries via email; please note that the phone lines are not manned at present.
- All subscription resources and the Library Catalogue can still be accessed remotely. Information on online legal resources is available on Moodle.
- Due dates on books that were due to be returned during the closed period have been extended until the library re–opens to students and will not accumulate fines for this period.
- Please contact us at email@example.com with any queries including resetting passwords.
- Staff have limited access to the King’s Inns campus. All shipments of online orders will be sent out on a weekly basis.
- Pick up of orders at King’s Inns is suspended until further notice.
Please take care and follow the HSE advice in the event that you feel unwell.