King’s Inns Response to Covid–19
This page was last reviewed and updated on Tuesday, 11 August 2020.
King’s Inns is closely monitoring and following official advice from the HSE to protect our staff, students and members during the current COVID–19 outbreak.
Students, Members and Visitors
- From Tuesday 11 August, King’s Inns is reopening our campus on a phased basis. First, our reception in the Library Building on Henrietta Street is operational Tuesday to Thursday from 10 am to 1 pm.
- Attendance on campus outside these times will be by appointment only.
- As staff are still working from home, we will deal with all queries via email from 9 am to 5 pm Monday to Friday. Please note that the phone lines are not operational outside the times indicated above.
- Our faculty team has taken measures to ensure there will be minimal disruption to operations and services during this time.
- All student, member and public events on campus are postponed until further notice.
- Please follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook for instant updates on our services.
- Many of our lectures will continue to take place and will be streamed online vis our Virtual Learning Environment. Please check MOODLE and your King’s Inns email for further information.
- We will be in contact with students on an ongoing basis via Moodle and your King’s Inns email account, so please continue to check those accounts daily so that you do not miss any information.
- If you have any questions or need help with your studies at this time, please email email@example.com.
Prospective Students (2020–2021)
- All courses are scheduled to run online from September/October 2020, except for Legislative Drafting – we are currently exploring the option in delivering this course online.
- We know that social interaction with fellow students and expert speakers is an integral part of the King’s Inns experience, and once a safe opportunity presents, we will invite students back on campus.
- Diploma in Legal Studies and degree of Barrister–at–Law applicants, our education department will be in touch with you on an ongoing basis. Please check your email account as submitted on your application form.
- All advanced diploma courses (except for the legislative drafting course) are scheduled to run online from September/October 2020.
- Introduction to the courses (first lecture) and tutorials will take place as live interactive sessions either early morning, evening, or the weekend. Please see individual course pages for further information.
- Online tutorials and IT support are available to help students navigate their way through our Virtual Learning Environment, Library and legal resource databases.
- Applications for the Advanced Diploma courses are open. Check individual course pages here for further information.
- If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Members (Degree Students, Benchers and Barristers)
- Student dining requirement for Michaelmas Term has been lifted and is deemed as met. We will review Hilary Term requirements in December.
- Michaelmas dining for benchers and barristers will be confirmed in September.
- All Benchings are postponed until further notice.
- For further information, check out our member community pages here.
- If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
- King’s Inns Library are working towards a gradual re–opening of library services. This will be on a phased basis, and the priority remains the safety of library users and staff.
- In the initial phase from Tuesday 4 August 2020, we shall be extending the services available to current students. Services will be expanded to include members and researchers at a later phase. All services will be regularly reviewed and are subject to change.
- Students, for full details of library services available please go to the Library section on Moodle.
- We will continue to operate our virtual service via email firstname.lastname@example.org from 9 am to 5 pm Monday to Friday, and would encourage all students to contact us with any queries about print or electronic resources.
- All subscription resources and the Library Catalogue can still be accessed remotely. Information on online legal resources is available on Moodle.
- Library staff are continuing to work from home and will continue to deal with queries via EMAIL; please note that the phone lines in the Library are not manned at present.
- Please contact us at email@example.com with any queries, including resetting passwords.
- All shipments of online orders will be sent out on a weekly basis.
- Pick up of orders at King’s Inns is suspended until further notice.
- For further information, please check our online shop.