COVID–19 (Coronavirus) Information
This page was last reviewed and updated on Wednesday 25 March 2020.
King’s Inns is closely monitoring and following official advice from the HSE in order to protect our staff, students and members during the current COVID–19 outbreak.
King’s Inns campus remains closed until Monday 20 April 2020.
What this means for King’s Inns
Students, members and visitors
- All attendance on campus is suspended until further notice.
- Our faculty team has taken measures to ensure there will be minimal disruption to operations and services during this time.
- As King’s Inns were making our teaching resources more accessible to students remotely for the last few years, we are fully mobilised to continue our lectures online with little or no disruption.
- Staff are working from home and will deal with queries via email; please note that the phone lines are not manned at present and you should not leave voicemails.
- Our premises are closed in accordance to public health guidelines.
- All student, member and public events are postponed until further notice.
- Many of our lectures will continue to take place and will be streamed online using digital software that is in place for most of our part–time courses. Please check your King’s Inns email for further information.
- We understand it is a stressful time for everyone and we are fully flexible to meet your needs at this time. Please take care and follow HSE guidelines.
- Degree course assessments due to take place up to and including the end of April will be postponed.
- Degree course assessments will be rescheduled to dates not before May 2020. We will be in touch next week, week beginning 30 March, with further details for Degree course students. Students are asked to check their King’s Inns email for details.
- We will contact students on the Diploma in Legal Studies course regarding the end of year examination arrangements for that course in the week beginning 30 March. Students are asked to check their King’s Inns email for details.
- Submission deadlines remain in place for all Diploma, Degree and Advanced Diploma student assessments already issued unless students have been notified otherwise.
- Students, we will be in contact with you on an ongoing basis via your King’s Inns email account, so please continue to check that account daily so that you do not miss any important information.
- If you have any questions or need help with your studies at this time, please email email@example.com.
- The King’s Inns Library remains closed to students until Monday 20 April 2020.
- The Library will continue to provide an online service via email and Moodle during office hours from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
- Library staff are working from home and will deal with queries via email; please note that the phone lines are not manned at present.
- All subscription resources and the Library Catalogue can still be accessed remotely. Information on online legal resources is available on Moodle.
- Due dates on books that were due to be returned during the closed period have been extended until the library re–opens to students and will not accumulate fines for this period.
- Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries including resetting passwords.
Please take care and follow the HSE advice in the event that you feel unwell.