King’s Inns Response to Covid–19
This page was last reviewed and updated on Thursday, 7 January 2021.
King’s Inns is closely monitoring and following official advice from the HSE in order to protect our staff, students and members during the current COVID–19 outbreak.
- All enquiries should be via EMAIL, between 9 am and 5 pm Monday to Friday. All staff are working remotely. If you must telephone the office, please note the phone lines are not manned at present. Phones will be checked periodically for messages.
- Reception (Library Building, Henrietta Street) is currently closed under current Level 5 restrictions. Attendance on campus will be facilitated by appointment only.
- Follow us on TWITTER, LINKEDIN and FACEBOOK for instant updates on our services.
- Our faculty team has taken measures to ensure there will be minimal disruption to operations and services during this time.
- All student, member and public events on campus are postponed until further notice.
- Lectures will continue to take place during the Hilary and Easter Term, streamed online via our Virtual Learning Environment. Check MOODLE and your King’s Inns email for further information.
- We will be in contact with students on an ongoing basis via Moodle and your King’s Inns email account, so please continue to check those accounts daily so that you do not miss any information.
- We know that social interaction with fellow students and expert speakers is an integral part of the King’s Inns experience, and once a safe opportunity presents, we will invite students back on campus.
- If you have any questions or need help with your studies at this time, email INFO@KINGSINNS.IE.
Prospective Students (2021–2022)
- Information on Open Days and 2021 applications will be released soon.
- If you have any questions, contact us at ADVANCEDDIPLOMA@KINGSINNS.IE.
Diploma in Legal Studies and degree of Barrister–at–Law
- Our ‘Be a Law Student for a Day’ event for people interested in the Diploma in Legal Studies will take place online on Saturday, February 27. More details here.
- Information on Open Days and 2021 – 2022 applications will be released soon.
- If you have any questions, contact us at INFO@KINGSINNS.IE.
Members (Degree Students, Benchers and Barristers)
- All Dining Nights and Benchings are postponed until further notice.
- Our Library is closed and we are operating a virtual service. See the Library notice below and contact email@example.com for further information.
- For further information, check out our member community pages here.
- If you have any questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
King’s Inns Library staff are operating a virtual service 9 am to 5 pm Monday to Friday. Please email us with any queries about online or print resources.
- Please note that the phone lines in the Library are not manned at present. King’s Inns Reading Room is currently closed.
- Students: We are offering a ‘Reserve and Collect’ service strictly by appointment only and a trial Scanning Service for current students.
- We will extend loan periods for students not in a position to continue to avail of our ‘Reserve and Collect’ service during the period of the Level 5 restrictions. Contact us in this regard if you have items on loan.
- All subscription resources and the Library Catalogue can be accessed remotely.
- Further information on using the online legal resources is available on Moodle. We can also provide remote training sessions.
- For full details of library services available to you please go to the Library section on MOODLE.
- Members and Researchers: Services will be expanded to include members and researchers at a later phase.
- All services will be regularly reviewed and are subject to change.
- All orders will be sent out weekly on Thursdays.
- Pick up of orders at King’s Inns is suspended until further notice.
- For further information, see our online shop.