King’s Inns Response to Covid–19
This page was last reviewed and updated on Monday, 12 October 2020.
King’s Inns is closely monitoring and following official advice from the HSE in order to protect our staff, students and members during the current COVID–19 outbreak.
- Phase 1 re–opening: Reception (Library Building, Henrietta Street) is currently open Tuesday to Thursday from 10am to 1pm. Attendance on campus outside these times will be facilitated by appointment only.
- Other areas will re–open in further phases.
- Queries: all enquiries should be via EMAIL, between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday. Please note most staff are still working remotely. If you must telephone the office note Reception hours above – phone lines are not manned outside the times indicated.
- Follow us on TWITTER, LINKEDIN and FACEBOOK for instant updates on our services.
- Our faculty team has taken measures to ensure there will be minimal disruption to operations and services during this time.
- All student, member and public events on campus are postponed until further notice.
- Lectures will continue to take place during the Michaelmas Term, streamed online via our Virtual Learning Environment. Please check MOODLE and your King’s Inns email for further information.
- We will be in contact with students on an ongoing basis via Moodle and your King’s Inns email account, so please continue to check those accounts daily so that you do not miss any information.
- We know that social interaction with fellow students and expert speakers is an integral part of the King’s Inns experience, and once a safe opportunity presents, we will invite students back on campus.
- If you have any questions or need help with your studies at this time, please email INFO@KINGSINNS.IE.
Prospective Students (2020–2021)
- Entry is now CLOSED.
- Our education department will be in touch with you on an ongoing basis. Please check your email account as submitted on your application form.
- If you have any questions, please contact us at ADVANCEDDIPLOMA@KINGSINNS.IE.
Diploma in Legal Studies and degree of Barrister–at–Law
- Entry is now CLOSED.
- Both courses will be delivered online until further notice. Our education department will be in touch with you on an ongoing basis. Please check your email account as submitted on your application form.
- If you have any questions, please contact us at INFO@KINGSINNS.IE.
Members (Degree Students, Benchers and Barristers)
- Student dining requirement for Michaelmas Term has been lifted and is deemed as met. We will review Hilary Term requirements in December.
- All Benchings are postponed until further notice.
- Unfortunately, our Library is closed and we are operating a virtual service. Please see the Library notice below and contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
- For further information, check out our member community pages here.
- If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
- King’s Inns Library is currently closed – virtual service in operation LIBRARY@KINGSINNS.IE, 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday. Please note that the phone lines in the Library are not manned at present.
- Students: We are offering a ‘Reserve and Collect’ service and a trial Scanning Service for current students.
- If you have queries about print or electronic resources please email us.
- All subscription resources and the Library Catalogue can be accessed remotely.
- Further information on using the online legal resources is available on Moodle. We are also offering remote training sessions.
- For full details of library services available to you please go to the Library section on MOODLE.
- Members and Researchers: services will be expanded to include members and researchers at a later phase.
- All services will be regularly reviewed and are subject to change.
- All shipments of online orders will be sent out on a weekly basis.
- Pick up of orders at King’s Inns is suspended until further notice.
- For further information, please see our online shop.