Teaching Vacancy at King’s Inns: Lecturer in Jurisprudence, Diploma in Legal Studies
The Honorable Society of King’s Inns (King’s Inns) requires a lecturer in Jurisprudence for its Diploma in Legal Studies.
The lecturer must:
- Update and otherwise revise the Jurisprudence Course Manual and other course materials.
- Deliver lectures and tutorials in Jurisprudence.
- Use e–learning software as King’s Inns requires. This will include the recording of the lecturer’s teaching for use in distance learning and the live delivery of online tutorials. King’s Inns will retain the copyright in these recordings.
- Draft, correct, and give feedback about examinations, assignments, and homework.
- Supervise other tutors in Jurisprudence.
The successful candidate must:
- Be a qualified barrister; and
- Have experience of teaching law – preferably Jurisprudence – at third level or above.
An academic postgraduate qualification in law is desirable.
Diploma classes generally take place on Monday–Thursday evenings and on some Saturdays during academic terms. Jurisprudence classes are scheduled to begin on Tuesday, September 15, 2020.
How to Apply
- Download the job description and application form below.
- The completed application form must be emailed to email@example.com. It must be received by King’s Inns no later than 5pm on Friday, July 24, 2020.
- A shortlisting process will then occur, after which shortlisted candidates will be interviewed.
Canvassing will disqualify.