Chief Justice Frank Clarke and Dr David Kenny to participate in Ireland’s Edge – Available Light / Solas
The Hon Mr Justice Frank Clarke, Chief Justice, and Dr David Kenny, Assistant Professor of Law at Trinity College Dublin, are participating in Ireland’s Edge – Available Light / Solas. Both participants are Barrister–at–Law graduates of King’s Inns.
Ireland’s Edge – Available Light / Solas is a unique digital event that will be streamed live on Monday 7 and Tuesday 8 December at 6:30 pm (GMT).
The creators behind Ireland’s Edge are bringing together some remarkable thinkers, change–makers, inventors, activists and artists virtually to West Kerry, a place rich in history, folklore, culture and creativity – a place with an edge. Over the course of two evenings, Ireland’s Edge will beam two beautifully realised live streams across Ireland, and out to the rest of the world, in a bid to collapse distance and time between us at this time of separation.
Ireland’s Edge – Available Light / Solas will reflect on nine months of their collective experience of the pandemic, with an outline of the possibilities opening up before us forming the basis of their conversations and performances. As always, there will be music and song for the head and heart.
While all the Ireland’s Edge live streams will be free to view, they would greatly appreciate your continued support in these trying times. The people behind Ireland’s Edge are asking only for support from those who have the means to do so by buying a digital ticket here, with plenty of prizes and perks thrown in for good measure – namely a chance to win a pair of golden tickets to the Church of St James for Other Voices 2021!
So pull up a chair, lean in, and join the conversation and the banter.
Contributors + Performers // with more to be announced
- Chief Justice Frank Clarke | The Supreme Court of Ireland
- David Kenny | Assistant Professor of Law, Trinity College Dublin
- Stephen Kinsella | Associate Professor of Economics, University of Limerick
- Sorcha Richardson
- Sinéad O’Sullivan | Aerospace Engineer, M.I.T.
- Mark O’Connell | To Be A Machine
- Bush Moukarzel | Artistic Director, Dead Centre Theatre
- Jim Carroll | Banter
- Sen. Lynn Ruane
- FeliSpeaks | Poet + Performance Artist
- Manchán Magan | Writer, 32 Words For Field
- Marian Richardson | Broadcaster
- Billy Mag Fhloinn | Musician, Folklorist + Founder of the Pagan Rave
- Muireann Nic Amhlaoibh | Traditional Singer + Musician
- Shane Davis | Poetry & Spoken Word
- Christopher Kissane | Historian, Writer + Reviewer
- Shane Davis – Spoken Word Poet + Rapper
This special online edition of Ireland’s Edge is presented in partnership with Intel Ireland and supported by Jones Engineering Group, The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, The Department of Tourism, Culture, Arts, Gaeltacht, Sport and Media, The Irish Times and Kerry County Council.