Members’ Training Session: Effective Virtual Zoom Meetings
Designed for members of King’s Inns, this short training session will provide an overview of Zoom’s core functionality and show attendees the tools they can use to confidently participate in and/or manage virtual meetings using the Zoom platform.
- Scheduling a meeting in Zoom and inviting attendees – secure setup, including use of the waiting room, Zoom profile name, and other recommended meeting settings.
- Preparing the physical meeting space – lighting, physical background, use of Zoom virtual backgrounds.
- Optimising audio and camera set up – both before and during a meeting.
- Managing a meeting – admitting/removing participants, use of the waiting room, muting participants, Zoom views (gallery, speaker etc) pinning, spotlighting.
- Zoom communication tools – chat function, reactions, polls.
- Sharing a screen in Zoom – choosing the correct screen, sharing system audio.
- Common issues and how to avoid them.
- Avoiding Zoom fatigue – 20/20/20 rule, use of self–view.
When will the sessions take place?
Thursday, 6 May at 4.30 pm
Wednesday, 12 May at 4.30 pm
The training will last for approx 45 minutes.
Requirements and Delivery Format
- Desktop/laptop preferable to phone or tablet to optimise functionality. You will need a built–in or separate microphone and webcam.
- Attendees will be sent a Zoom meeting link the day before the session takes place.
- The training will take place live over Zoom.
Cost and Booking Details
- €35 per attendee (discount already applied for members)
Places are limited. Register early to secure your place.
If you have any questions, please contact MEMBERS@KINGSINNS.IE.