Be a Law Student at King’s Inns for a Day
Free Interactive Seminars for Prospective Students on the Diploma in Legal Studies
The Diploma in Legal Studies is a two–year law course leading to a qualification in law. The course attracts those who want a law qualification to:
- be eligible to sit the ENTRANCE EXAMINATION for the degree of BARRISTER–AT–LAW;
- progress to further study of law by doing taught or research masters or PhDs;
- enhance their current career; OR
- open new career opportunities for them.
Did you know that Diploma in Legal Studies students have the option of attending all lectures and tutorials online as well as in–person at King’s Inns? Delivering the entire course online allows people to undertake the course regardless of their geographical location.
Learn more about the course HERE >
Open Day: Our annual open evening for the Diploma in Legal Studies will take place on Monday, May 8. Learn more and register here >
About the Interactive Seminars
On Saturday, March 25, from 11 am to 2 pm, King’s Inns will offer prospective students a chance to experience life as a Diploma student by taking part in classes like those on the course.
This event is free and will take place online through Zoom.
What to Expect
- Talk about the Diploma in Legal Studies;
- Tutorial about sources of law, the right to a fair trial, and freedom of expression;
- Tutorial about sexual offences and equality before the law;
- Classes will be delivered online by current staff members and will be interactive;
- During classes, prospective students will learn about the topics by interacting with the tutor and one another to solve problem questions.
This event is suitable for prospective students who:
- Hold a third–level degree in a subject other than Law; OR
- Are currently studying for a third–level degree in a subject other than Law; OR
- Do not hold any third–level qualification but will be aged at least 22 years on May 1, 2023.
This event is not suitable for persons of school age.
Places are strictly limited. Register now to avoid disappointment.
“I was interested in a course of study at King’s Inns for a long time. Attending the “Be a Law Student at King’s Inns for a Day” Open Day confirmed my decision to apply; the day brings the King’s–Inns experience and the study of law to life.
It is an excellent introduction, with engaging tutorials and discussions, and it will excite for the journey ahead. If you can attend, do.”
To register, please fill in the form below and a member of the education team will be in touch with Zoom details the day before the event. Please make sure you enter your email address correctly.
If you have questions about the event, feel free to contact the Course Coordinator, Ciarán Patton, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration is now closed.