Education: 20 March 2023
Law and Education Symposium: Updates on Legal Issues Affecting Schools 2023
King’s Inns will host a free in–person Law and Education Symposium for anyone working in the education environment. It offers an opportunity to consider legal developments affecting schools and to put questions to an expert panel of barristers who specialise in the area of law and education.
- Date: Monday, April 24
- Venue: King’s Inns Dining Hall, Constitution Hill, Dublin 7
- Time: 5.30 pm to 7 pm
Due to the nature of the symposium, there is no option to attend online.
- Legal Issues affecting Schools 2023
- Education (Admission to Schools) (Co–Education) Bill, 2022
- Updates on Section 29 Appeals
- Updates on Rights of a Child with Special Needs
The Symposium will also focus on law and education questions being posed by participants; panel members will welcome discourse and debate.
There will be an opportunity to network afterwards.
Speakers include members of the junior and senior bar, including:
- Dr Claire O’Connor BL – barrister and co–designer / lead lecturer of the advanced diploma in Law and Education at King’s Inns
- Dr Claire Hogan BL – barrister and co–designer / lead lecturer of the advanced diploma in Law and Education at King’s Inns
- More speakers to be announced soon
Open to anyone working in the Education Environment
This Symposium will mark the end of our advanced diploma in Law and Education 2022/23 course, which provides participants with a comprehensive practical knowledge of the law as it relates to the provision of education in Ireland. View the course details here >
The Symposium is also open to those not enrolled in this course and interested in doing the course in the future.
For participants currently enrolled on the course, this Symposium is a timely opportunity to consider legal changes and updates since the course began. For those thinking about participating in the course in the future, this Symposium offers an opportunity to hear legal issues being discussed and applied to their education practice.
Register to attend
Registration will close at 11 am (Irish time) on Monday, April 24.
Registration now closed