Job Opportunity: Courts Service of Ireland – Solicitor (Assistant Principal Grade)
The Courts Service has an excellent opportunity for a Solicitor, based in its head office in Smithfield, Dublin 7.
Some of the duties of the role include:
- Participate and contribute to the formulation of policies and strategies to ensure the office meets its obligations as a business unit within the Courts Service;
- Attend court on matters ranging from but not limited to conveyancing, probate administration, vulnerable adult law and human rights;
- Managing the estate of the ward/minors.
The successful candidate should have:
- A minimum of three years’ relevant experience as a practising solicitor in the State; and
- Sufficient and varied practice as a solicitor in the State in the areas of property and conveyancing, probate and administration of estates, civil litigation and court advocacy;
- Periods spent in whole–time positions in the civil service, for appointment to which qualification as a solicitor was an essential requirement, will be reckoned as practice for this purpose.
For further information on this post please visit the Courts Service Job Opportunities webpage here.
If this opportunity interests you, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before the extended closing date of Monday 25th March 2019 at 4.00pm.