Do you like reading books? More importantly, do you love discussing your reads with fellow readers? Our Librarian and Dean are hosting a Book Club for students, members and the wider alumni community at King’s Inns.
Here’s how it will work
- We will organise about five meetings in the course of the academic year, via Zoom. Meetings will take place in the evening, at a time when we hope most of you will be able to attend.
- We will read books related to law or by legal authors, but NO textbooks or academic books. We may also include some books related to other topics.
- You do not need to read the whole book in order to come along to the meeting but just be aware that there may be spoilers during the chat about the book if you haven’t got to the end by the time we meet online.
- You do not have to attend every meeting, please sign up at any time to come along to the next book club meeting.
How to get involved for 2021 – 2022
The first Book Club meeting of the academic and legal year 2021–2022 will take place on Monday, 8 November 2021 at 7 pm via Zoom.
To decide what book to discuss first we ran a Twitter poll and the winner by a close margin was The Supreme Court by Ruadhán Mac Cormaic.
To attend one or more book club, please register below. We are asking last year’s participants to reregister.
We will be in touch via email with Zoom details the afternoon of each book club date.
Where to get books
Books can be purchased from Irish Bookshops online such as
- your local bookstore – many are now offering delivery or a reserve and collect service over the phone
- You can download ebooks via Kindle, Google Play and Apple store.
And borrowed from
- Many local libraries are offering a reserve and collect service. Find your local library here.
Connect via Social
If you want to reach out to anyone participating in the book club, use the hashtag #KIBookClub on Social – Twitter is our chosen network.
If you need help with anything, drop us an email at email@example.com.
Sign up for the Book Club below
To receive the Zoom link for the next book club, you must register before 11 am on the selected date.
If you would like to unsubscribe from book club notifications at any time, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.